OK Computer

"Senor, Senor, do you know where we're headin'? Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?"
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:27 pm

Did anyone watch Channel 4's top 100 albums of all time?

I was quite shocked that OK Computer was voted in as the No 1 album. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Radiohead fan (especially The Bends, Creep, and I accept that OK Computer is definitely a grower) - but is it really better than: Automatic for the People, Dark Side of the Moon, BLood on the Tracks, The Queen is Dead?

Further alarmed to see The Joshua Tree at No. 2.

Perhaps it just says something about the people who watch Channel 4?

Cam
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:34 pm

The critics seem to love U2.

I hate U2.

Best album of all time?

The White Album or Dark Side of the Moon

or Back in Black, for my pleasure.
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:00 pm

As you say Cam, these polls only reflect the viewers, listeners or readers of certain TV, Radio or mags.

Just imagine Channel 5's top 100!

Its impossible really to judge, but I'd say The Velvet Underground and Nico should certainly be up there, was there any Led Zep, Ramones, Bob Dylan? real trail blazers.

And although Metal is not my Bag, I'd agree Keith, ACDC Kick ass. Whole Lotta Rosie is a classic. Best Heavy metal group ever, apart from Led Zep, but they were serious.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
pb
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:50 pm

I didn't watch it, but did Love- Forever Changes feature? I think great albums should be given more credit if they came out of nowhere. I also hate U2 (more than words can really say), but then I wouldn't say Automatic for the People should be top ten either.
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:52 am

I can't stand Bono, he's an annoying forever mulleted arse, and they are probably the uncoolest group on earth.

But just for a moment put some of their songs in the hands of your favourite groups, you can't deny the quality, unfortunately.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
rasputin
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:28 pm

i agree camus..

bono has always come across as bit of an arsey wanker, and u2 are frankly boring

as forr ok computer at no 1, as highly as i rate it, it surely cant beat the white album?

or up the bracket for that matter
hehe