Mozzer Rules Ok

"Senor, Senor, do you know where we're headin'? Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?"
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:36 pm

Just started reading Willy Russell's brilliantly funny novel 'The Wrong Boy' - which is written in the form of letters addressed to Morrissey.

Made me realise again how funny and how sad (and how great) Morrissey's stuff is. Also discovered recently that Moz nicked quite a number of lines from Elizabeth Smart's love poem By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept.
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:57 am

Cam,

Sounds like an excellent book, I never took to Morrisey's stuff the way I took to the Smiths, but hey He's Mozzer.....................so that's that.

Hairdresser on fire is excellent though and Everyday is like Sunday, well actually the list could go on, still never matched the height of his Smiths days though,

Jeane, my second favourite Smiths song.

Also looked for the Grand Central Station poem but only came up on searches as a book title.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:35 am

Kris,

When I say Mozzer I really mean The Smiths. I entirely agree that his solo stuff never came close to his early lyrical brilliance. Marr was a critical part of the chemistry, I feel.

PS Once saw Loudon Wainwright at Hull Truck Theatre. V good.