Least Favorites

"Senor, Senor, do you know where we're headin'? Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?"
pseud
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:28 am

Here are mine. Add to or argue with to your heart's content.

KISS - hate em. Can anyone explain their record sales?

Creed - hate em. Pearl Jam will always be better.

Metallica - King Nothing is the only song I could ever relate to. And Ozzy, for that matter. I just don't get them.

3 Doors Down - hate em, perhaps without the vigor of the previous three, because Kryptonite was an okay song. One hit wonders though, as of yet.

Nickelback - hate em. For obvious reasons. And you can bet any bands that sound like them get the same verdict from me - Puddle of Mmuddd, etc...

Any band that puts a K where a C should be
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:38 pm

Can't go with you on Metallica.

Always hated Van Halen. Particularly David Lee Roth.

Never did like much of Megadeth.

Couldn't ever get behind Alice in Chains.

Hated Alanis Morrisette with a passion.

Oh, and Rob Thomas.

And Jerry Garcia.

And Phish.

All for now.
k-j
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:48 pm

Enya.
Almost any British guitar band of the last five years.
Creed, yeah I'd go for that. Oh, and
The Presidents of the United States of America. I hate that song! And all those geek-chic acts like Weezer and Eels. Hate them. And any "nu-metal" outfit.

Actually that's a tough one. I guess it's easier to list what's overrated, rather than hated. I don't know how you can hate Metallica or Ozzy - they've had some duds but their best stuff is seminal, as a cover-blurb writer would say.
pseud
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:21 pm

haha Enya and Phish.

Another band that someone usually throws out that I would defend is Styx. Mr Roboto and Miss America rock too much.

yeh...I dunno maybe I'll retract on Metallica and Ozzy. pull them out of the "I hate" category and place in the "I personally don't appreciate" category. But then I'd be that much more a wuss...
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:51 pm

Och. I just remembered.

I loathe U2 with all of my being. Hate 'em. Bono belongs under the front tire of a semi at seventy miles an hour
k-j
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:57 pm

I almost said U2. Definitely Bono would be right up (or down) there with Enya.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:53 pm

U2, U2, U2, U2, U2 and Whitesnake.

Once saw Van Halen. Dave Lee Roth made his entrance down a rope suspended from the ceiling. Need I say more.

Cam
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:26 am

Basically any band/artist who lack integrity. For example:

Bono- Mulleted high heel wearing fuckwit, who states every great artist as his inspiration: The Smiths, Joy division, Lou Reed, i've heard him bang on about them all, they must despise him.

Metallica - an angrier version of Iron Maiden, just shit - Integrity problem -The Napster incident.

Any American cock rock group - obviously.

Any Rapper who isn't/aren't Public enemy or NWA- that said Eminem and the beastie boys had their moments.

Robbie fucking Williams - Listen to Mark Owen instead, he writes some good stuff - Four minute warning is ace.

Any artist who is lauded, but doesn't write his/her own stuff - Eg Elvis.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
Clive

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:54 pm

Crikey - angry stuff! Intrigued by the heavy metal afficianados who seem to frequent this site - boys of a certain age, eh?
Can't agree with early Van Halen - saw them supporting Sabbath on their first UK tour in 77 at Newcastle City Hall -blew the Sabs away and exposed Ozzy and the boys for what they had become at that time - fat bloated ex leaders of the pack who were having to give way to the New Order (2- 3 years before NWOBHM)

And who mentioned Garcia? - clean your ears out boy - one of the Top 3 instrumentalists of the last 50 years. A genius at any style of music he turned his hand to - jug music, bluegrass, gospel, Dead wigouts, acoustic folk, country, free jazz..... etc. If you don't like any of these styles of music then heaven help you. Or maybe its because he didn't play HM?!
pseud
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:34 pm

Clive, I like other stuff besides HM - notice, they're not on my top ten hate list, which, should be a good thing? Let's face it, "least favorites" isn't the section you rant about Beethoven, Buddy Rich, or the Beatles. I do admit, though, you have a point, I am too young to have seen them in concert.

Camus, not a Sinatra fan I take it? He didn't write his own stuff...

Another artist I hate simply for his arrogance is Sting. He's written some good hooks, granted, but the majority of his lyrics are cheesy or melodramatic. He needs to keep his shirt on and realize there are other prodigies besides himself.
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:55 pm

I never could understand Springsteen's appeal. He looks and sounds like someone just slapped him with a fish.