Making Contact - Poets' Graves anthology!

How to buy the book.......
Ros
antispam: no

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 pm

I've never heard of this! It's also available from the Book Depository, with free worldwide shipping - http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Making- ... 0957185210
Perhaps that might work better? And over a pound off at present!

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Good Link Ros.

I am just adding a section to my new website "Suggested Reading" and was slightly loathe to include an amazon link. Much prefer to list independent retailers if possible.

I will also be listing Antiphon on my publications page, if that's ok with you Ros?
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
Ros

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Unfortunately the Book Depository has been taken over by Amazon! Foyles also stock it, though http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fiction-p ... 0957185210

Yes, please put Antiphon anywhere you think appropriate - the more publicity the better.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Prolific Poster

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks Ros, I just got a copy from the book depository through the non-paypal route. Shipping is free as well.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." Henry David Thoreau
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Time to remind ourselves..in manky November..of this excellent book.

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
David

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

It is excellent, I think. Was browsing through it recently myself. Actually, it occurred to me that a new feature here could be for us - in turns or, perhaps, freestyle - to post a favourite (not one's own!) from the book, just to remind ourselves what we can do on occasion.
Ros

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

I think, looking at it now, it could have done with a little more editing. But it's still very good!

Ros
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:57 am

"Actually, it occurred to me that a new feature here could be for us - in turns or, perhaps, freestyle - to post a favourite (not one's own!) from the book, just to remind ourselves what we can do on occasion."

Sounds like a good idea!
Richard Wilbur
Marc
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Yep, I keep a copy in the loo for browsing in difficult times. Some of you have been more helpful than others ;)

Seriously, I'm flattered to have a couple of pieces in there as it's a fine collection with some excellent poems. I'd be happy to add a couple of my favourites to a thread :)

Marc
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm

The best gift anthology.

Seth
Richard Wilbur
David

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Antcliff wrote:The best gift anthology.
In that case, why can't I give mine away? As I may have mentioned before, I bought 10 to give to family and friends who expressed an interest in receiving one. I still have 8 of those.
Ros

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 pm

David wrote:
Antcliff wrote:The best gift anthology.
In that case, why can't I give mine away? As I may have mentioned before, I bought 10 to give to family and friends who expressed an interest in receiving one. I still have 8 of those.
You may be missing the point of the whole giving away thing. You just give them to them, whether they still want one or not. Then you won't have them.

Ros
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:04 pm

I agree with Ros.
fine words butter no parsnips
Nash

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 pm

I agree with David. This is poetry we're talking about. Unless you slip the book into an unsuspecting bag then it's difficult to give someone a gift when they're running away and pretending not hear you shouting after them "Just give it a try! Please, just give it a try!! It's not boring, honestly!!!"
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Nash wrote:I agree with David. This is poetry we're talking about. Unless you slip the book into an unsuspecting bag then it's difficult to give someone a gift when they're running away and pretending not hear you shouting after them "Just give it a try! Please, just give it a try!! It's not boring, honestly!!!"
I don't really find many people this negative, I must admit. Okay, it is not an art form for everybody, but then nor is classical music, folk music, theatre, pottery.....any art form really. Certainly not everybody would appreciate the book, but then I think that will be true of many work of art given as a gift.

Seth
Richard Wilbur