Antiphon open for submissions

The world outside PG
Ros
antispam: no

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Antiphon issue 23 - submissions now open! We're looking for poems with some link to science, in the broadest sense - poems that stretch beyond the day to day human concerns. Poems that celebrate the vastness of it all, or consider beginnings, or endings, or how we know anything at all. See submissions for how to send us work. http://antiphon.org.uk/wordpress/
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:48 am

Great to see the ever excellent Antiphon back in action, Ros

Me
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
David

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Antcliff wrote:Great to see the ever excellent Antiphon back in action, Ros

Me
I agree. I'm not very sciency, though.
Macavity

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Antcliff wrote:Great to see the ever excellent Antiphon back in action, Ros

Me
Agreed. Always look forward to the read.

best

mac
Macavity

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 am

Plenty of poetry mags. out there to enjoy, but always one of the best, and with a theme that PG got me interested in...

http://antiphon.org.uk/wordpress/wp-con ... sue-23.pdf

Congratulations to Seth making a appearance, and, of course, to Ross for continuing to bring the best to poetry readers.

cheers

mac
Firebird

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:26 am

I think it’s easier for poetry to explore and appropriate the concepts and language of science than it is to use poetry to illuminate scientific progress or its methods.
Interesting stuff Ros, and I tend to agree. Although, poems in such areas as mental illness can also help point the way to new scientific knowledge/understanding. Science fiction poems also hold this possibility.

It's another lovely edition of Antiphon, Ros.

I really like Seth's poem about how difficult it is to grasp science (and the language of science) and how it makes us feel a little like a child again muddling our way through. I love the 'new goggles' - a new lens through which to see the world. I also love that the child is on the shore, and the N is just in the sea (of science). I could say a lot more good things about this seemingly simple poem, but I'll leave it at excellent!

Thanks Ros and many congrats to Seth.

Cheers,

Tristan
Ros
antispam: no

Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Thanks, Tristan - I always love to hear if people have liked the mag. I thought the theme was a bit of a risk but it worked really well.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.