Reviews and Editing Posts.

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:36 pm

In order for this forum to operate, all posters are required to review at least 2 poems for every one they post. (This is quite reasonable; many forums insist on 3 or 4.)

Recently there have been a number of people who are seriously under-achieving in this area.

Reviewing a poem takes time, effort and concentration. If you're not prepared to put in that effort, then you can't expect to receive crits yourself.

In future, myself and the mods will be moving work by those who are overdrawn into a hidden holding area until their accounts are back in the black.

We don't like wielding the big stick, but it is necessary from time to time to ensure that this place remains a thriving, constructive environment.

It's common sense really: you put in, you take out - everyone's happy.

thanks
Cam
azathoth
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:49 pm

many forums insist on
a thriving, constructive environment.
but it is not necessary to operate order:
you take out what you put in
-the big black stick-
for every one.
With effort, from time to time,
quite hidden
in this place
required to recieve.
but, in future, achieving will be everyone's account.
in time, in here, in this place
not the serious holding back
not common not reasonable
when this forum operates, everyone's happy.
barrie
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Whenever you edit a poem, please leave the original version unaltered so it can be used for comparison. Just add the new version above the old one - ad infinitum (if needs be).

Thanks folks.
After letting go of branches and walking through the ape gait, we managed to grasp what hands were really for......
juliaromonov15azva

Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 am

i know it says not to post more then 1 per day, but often it takes several days to get another post. If it takes me several days or even weeks to get inspired, can't i post a few of my stuff if i don't plan to for a while after that?
Ros
antispam: no

Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm

It's a general rule to stop people abusing the forum. As far as I'm concerned, 3 in one day is fine if you're commenting widely and thoughtfully on other posts, and if it's only about once a week. If you post too much at once you might find people don't get round to commenting on them all, anyway.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.