At the Market One Day

This is a serious poetry forum not a "love-in". Post here for more detailed, constructive criticism.
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:10 am

Customer: The shepherd’s pie that they sell here is the best.

Me: I’ve tasted better.

Customer: They use real beef, ...

Me: Not much of it ...

Customer: ... gravy, mashed potatoes, ...

Me: The gravy is from a bottle, and the potatoes from a mix.

Customer: ... corn, ...

Me: It’s very soupy. I think there’s more water in it than anything else.

After giving each other a strange look, we went our separate ways.

The world is full of wrong ideas that need to be corrected.

~end~

This is a prose poem.

It isn't clear to me if I should use italics for the actual dialogue, or italics for the designations of the speakers (as I have done).
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.
Macavity

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:41 am

:) Quite enjoyed this Perry: the different mindsets and separateness of people's experiences conveyed in the subjectivity of 'tastes'; that crusader zeal to 'correct' the 'illusions' of others. I wonder which one is happier in their world.

best

mac
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 am

Thank you, Mac.

The last line of the poem is meant to be a joke. That line represents part of my character, so this poem is the poet making fun of himself.

I haven't been participating much because there wasn't much activity on the forum. I have been posting on the Waters forum on Tapatalk. There's a clique of egotistical people there, and they already hate me, so I may be coming back more often.

We need to find a way to promote this place. For me, the new name of the forum is a problem because it doesn't tell anyone what the forum is about.
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.
Macavity

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 am

The last line of the poem is meant to be a joke. That line represents part of my character, so this poem is the poet making fun of himself.
That came across Perry :)