Cod beck

Where poets, painters, photographers and other artists can mingle.
Pauline
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster
antispam: no

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Cod beck.jpg
Cod beck.jpg (361.63 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Macavity

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 am

Really like elements of this Pauline: the colour and vigour of the sky; the spikiness and texture of the foreground; the curve of land and the perspective of sky in relation to that curve.

What blues are you using in your sky? What size and kind of brushes are you using? Did you use a palette knife in the foreground?

The overall feel I'm getting is a dynamic sky, a coldness in the day. Those are my initial impressions anyway.

Thank you for sharing

best

mac
Pauline
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster
antispam: no

Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Macavity wrote:
Really like elements of this Pauline: the colour and vigour of the sky; the spikiness and texture of the foreground; the curve of land and the perspective of sky in relation to that curve.
Yay. Thanks Mac. :D
Macavity wrote:
What blues are you using in your sky? What size and kind of brushes are you using? Did you use a palette knife in the foreground?
Ok. I used Cerulean blue, Teal, Titanium white and Vermilion green.
I used a size 12 round brush for the colours and yes, I did use a palette knife for the foreground. (A Bob Ross 4cm knife. My favorite tool in my box :D )
Macavity wrote:
The overall feel I'm getting is a dynamic sky, a coldness in the day. Those are my initial impressions anyway.
Yay. That's what I was going for. However, I will say, I used artistic license. It was actually a glorious day.
The sun was splitting the trees.
The sky was completely cloudless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macavity wrote:
Thank you for sharing
Not a bother.
Chuffed to bits you liked it. :D