Augmented Poem 1

Where poets, painters, photographers and other artists can mingle.
bjondon
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Last edited by bjondon on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjondon
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:23 pm

I don't really feel these video poems I've been working on fit into the audio section (something to do with the whole signal/noise equation being completely different). Ideally we should have a new board for video poetry, but if that isn't possible I'm quite happy to move these to the audio board if there is a feeling we should keep this rather wonderful corner for the pure pleasure of unaugmented visual art.
Jules
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 am

If that's you, Jules, you are certainly a distinguished looking fellow, and the wild hair and blue gloves make you look a little mad -- not at all a bad image.

I don't have audio on my computer (I don't like a machine that talks back), so I couldn't hear it. Where video is concerned, I think I'll stick to watching motorcycle crashes -- I love seeing those bodies flying through the air.
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.
JJWilliamson
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:12 am

I see nothing wrong with performing arts in an art forum, Jules. It's visually stimulating and this area is for visual art. AND, of course, poetry is one of the great arts. You score highly on two counts there.

I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation and style, although I'll have to return later to offer a meaningful reply, given my haste this morning. I'm bloody retired, what AM I talking about. C'est la vie. :)

First impressions were great.

JJ
Long time a child and still a child
Macavity

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 am

My immediate reaction - love the gloves, wished you stayed seated and there was a voice over only - audibility is an issue and the movement is distracting. Will take a longer look now, more conscious thinking one, to see if my feedback changes.

cheers

mac
Poet
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 pm

I didn't see the rest of it as the audio and video in he beginning were out of sync but I will try to watch it some other time and give a full critique of it so you can expect that really soon.