Fish supper

Where poets, painters, photographers and other artists can mingle.
Pauline
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster
antispam: no

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 pm

fish supper.jpg
fish supper.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
A 90x90cm Acrylic of my cat George. :)
Macavity

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Fun, especially like the jar.

best

mac
Pauline
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Cheers Mac. :)
Thanks for taking the time to tell me it raised a smile.
JJWilliamson
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 am

Yes, this really IS great fun, Pauline. It reminds a bit of Tom & Jerry, with the cat about to get a plank across its comedic farce.

Again, I like the style. The castle isn't anchored to the bottom of the fish tank btw, it's kind of floating half way up like a magical Disney castle.
Great details throughout, though, especially the musical manuscript in the background. I think that's what it is, anyway.

I thought the lone fish was a nimble touch, with the others sensibly hiding at the bottom out of harm's way. It's brilliant how naughty George
is focussing all of his energy on the straggler. Interestingly, the suggested weight of the tank/bowl is just enough to hold George's bulk as he tries
to figure out his angle of attack.

Once again the colours are working very well, to the point that they match the theme perfectly. Very pleasing on the eye.

Could the bottom right of the tank stand a nudge? It looks as if it should turn a bit sooner to help with the roundness. Minor point and I'm not sure that it matters.

Very nice and highly entertaining painting that will definitely, beyond doubt, catch the attention of family and friends when they come to visit.

Best

JJ
Long time a child and still a child
Suzanne
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:41 pm

I love this. The crisp colors reflect life. Well done, Pauline. And I love the title.
Pauline
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

[quot="JJWilliamson"]Yes, this really IS great fun, Pauline. It reminds a bit of Tom & Jerry, with the cat about to get a plank across its comedic farce.

:)
JJWilliamson wrote:The castle isn't anchored to the bottom of the fish tank btw, it's kind of floating half way up like a magical Disney castle.
Didn't realise that until you pointed it out. Kinda obvious now :wink:
JJWilliamson wrote: Once again the colours are working very well, to the point that they match the theme perfectly. Very pleasing on the eye.[/quote
That's great. Chuffed to hear that.
JJWilliamson wrote: Could the bottom right of the tank stand a nudge? It looks as if it should turn a bit sooner to help with the roundness.
It could JJ. Again, I didn't spot this until you pointed this out. :roll:
JJWilliamson wrote:Very nice and highly entertaining painting that will definitely, beyond doubt, catch the attention of family and friends when they come to visit.
It is too big to be hung in my home JJ :)
It's now stashed outta the way in my studio.
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your more than helpful reactions to my painting.
I'm chuffed to bits that you took the time to respond. :D

Hey Suzie.
Lovely to hear from you. :D
Buzzing you like this.
:D :D :D
I hope you are still painting, and dancing. :)