Grasmere Reflections

Where poets, painters, photographers and other artists can mingle.
JJWilliamson
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Pastel sketch of Grasmere lake with Helm Crag (Lion and Lamb) in the background. Don't forget to click on pic for full picture.

Just noticed that I've covered the lamb at the top of the fell but not from its reflection. Magic!

That's it for a while.

JJ
Grasmere and Robin 001.JPG
Grasmere and Robin 001.JPG (126.4 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
Long time a child and still a child
bodkin
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no
Location: Two inches behind my eyes just above the bridge of my nose.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 am

Maybe the water surface should colour the reflected scene slightly more, even if it is dead calm?

Like the mist above/behind the trees... very much a sense of shape and space around it.

Ian
http://www.ianbadcoe.uk/
JJWilliamson
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks, Ian

Comments always welcome. Next time I'm up that way I've a raft of photos to take and this view will be one of them. I tried an A4 sketch to see how it would look then wondered how it would be received. Some light ripples in the foreground would bounce a few colours about. I'll remember that for the future.

A feeling of space was one thing I was going for so thanks for the mention. I'm doing a lot of work with mist just now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Best

JJ
bodkin wrote:Maybe the water surface should colour the reflected scene slightly more, even if it is dead calm?

Like the mist above/behind the trees... very much a sense of shape and space around it.

Ian
Long time a child and still a child