Welcome to Post a Translation

Translated any poems lately? If so, then why not post them here?
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:44 am

One of the most amazing things about the internet is that it exists above and beyond all national boundaries - therefore, it could provide the ideal place for hosting translations of poetry.

Obviously this is an English language forum, so we would predominantly be looking for translations of French, German, Greek, Latin, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese poetry etc into English - although if you really wanted to do it the other way round you can. Translations of Old English texts such as Beowulf or Dream of the Rood would also fit nicely into this forum.

Where possible, please post the original work as well as the translation.

NB the translation should be your own work; copyright law applies to translations too!

Unfortunately I won't be contributing much as my French is flimsy, my German ghastly and my Latin and Greek non-existent.

Take it away.

Cameron
Halfwrittenpoem
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Is it okay to post translations for any other poems written in languages not mentioned above?
bodkin
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no
Location: Two inches behind my eyes just above the bridge of my nose.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 am

Halfwrittenpoem wrote:Is it okay to post translations for any other poems written in languages not mentioned above?
Yes, the point being made above is that the intent was for translations into English, not translations of English into other languages (since the predominant language of the forum is English...) However, as stated, the reverse is also OK (it just may not find a readership...)

Ian
http://www.ianbadcoe.uk/