Crit 2 to post 1

Please read the rules before you post.
Suzanne
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Good morning,

Critiquing poems is a great way to stay active on the boards. The feedback you give is usually appreciated by the writer.

Having the ratio of 2:1 is very reasonable and if you crit more than that, I have found it to enhance the whole experience of learning- both how to improve the skill of reading for meaning as well as writing better poems.

Does it matter which board the crits are on? Is it dependent on which board you post a poem on? I assume the rules are rather flexible as participation with an effort to learn is the main goal. Am I right?

And we all know critiquing 2 poems is required and expected.

Warmly,
Suzanne
Ros

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes, the rules are flexible. Personally, I'd prefer that crits on the exp and especially finishing touch forum are more technical and detailed than we'd expect in beginners, but others have said that it's also useful to know if someone has just enjoyed the poem. So, flexible it is.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:18 am

I just dropped in after being away from this site for many moons. I've posted some 20 times at this site, got some useful feedback, but I just realized I have not contributed using the "2 crits for 1 post" formula. Belated apologies; I'll make up for that today to open this new year 2015.-Ron Price, Australia
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2014)
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Just bumping the comments of Suzanne here. It is easy to miss the rule, especially if you are a .....very, very welcome....new person to the site.

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur