Click here for the PG iPod

Check out the PG iPod: hear PG poets reading their poems.
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin
antispam: no

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:27 am

Welcome to the PG iPod - where you can listen to poets from the Poets' Graves forum reading their poems.

We are keen to expand this collection, so if you've had a "Featured Poem" or received positive feedback for a poem posted in the "Experienced" section - we'd like to hear from you. We require a good quality recording in wav. or MP3 format.

Audio adds a whole new dimension to the experience of poetry (honest) - even if, like me, you sound like Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer.

Come on, don't be shy.

Beware - sound quality may vary according to your internet connection and sound card. Therefore, if a poem sounds like it was recorded inside a cardboard box, this may not be down to us.

Enjoy,

Cam

ps if all you see is a black space, you may need to hit the refresh button.

[mp3][/mp3]
beautifulloser
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Well done cameron! Nice little app you got there! Great feature.
I'm sick of it, sick of it all. I know I'm right and I don't give a shit!
kozmikdave
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:10 am

And here I was driving my cursor around the dial at the front. Curses! It must be a fake iPod. hehehe.
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Have just added Geoff's Ladybird Book of Fairy tales - read by Ursula!

Fantastic...
cameron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Hilarious Geoff. Ursula reads it brilliantly.

Everyone should listen to this one!

Thanks.

Cam
"And I meet full face on dark mornings
The bestial visor, bent in
By the blows of what happened to happen."

Larkin
barrie
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:52 am

It was a good idea to have Ladybird Book of Fairytales read by a female voice - the Listen with Mother effect. Makes it a damn sight funnier than when I read it to myself.

Excellent.
twoleftfeet
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
Location: Standing by a short pier, looking for a long run-up

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 am

Ursula has asked me to say thank you - she is most chuffed.

Cheers
Geoff
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:33 am

"FUCK ME, he's right"

The feminine guile just makes that line, brill.
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
pitseleh
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:46 pm

was good to hear some of those recitals and while i might have been expecting a few more melodramatic ginsberg-esque thunderings over the wire, i enjoyed the mixture of accents there. to that note i think i'll visit another rather interestin thread in another part of the forum ..

btw im suprised this doesnt attract more interest. maybe its because everyones a computer idiot like me
Aren't people absurd! They never use the freedoms they do have but demand those they don't have; they have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
PhilipCFJohnson
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey guys!
I just stumbled across this and would really love to contribute if I'd be allowed!
If so what do I do with my recording once I've done it? :D

Great idea,
All the best
Phil
Specto Nusquam
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:00 pm

If you are actually keen to expand this section it might be useful to allow poetry that has not only been posted in the experienced section. I don't think I am alone in posting by choice where I see fit on this forum. I am allowed to post in experienced by invitation, but personally see the whole place as a complete forum, perhaps like a school with many rooms, so I post where I post. I would like to contribute to this and have found my own recordings to be comparable with much of what is already here. I don't expect to have a featured work anytime soon, but do have a reasonable number of poems that have received positive feedback, and a few almost featured. I think this ought to be based on the individual merit of the submitted poem/recording which might encourage greater participation of this very good resource you have, which is currently undersubscribed and in no way represents the full diversity of talent you are fortunate enough to have participating here.

Regards

Danté
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
PhilipCFJohnson
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Danté wrote:If you are actually keen to expand this section it might be useful to allow poetry that has not only been posted in the experienced section. I don't think I am alone in posting by choice where I see fit on this forum. I am allowed to post in experienced by invitation, but personally see the whole place as a complete forum, perhaps like a school with many rooms, so I post where I post. I would like to contribute to this and have found my own recordings to be comparable with much of what is already here. I don't expect to have a featured work anytime soon, but do have a reasonable number of poems that have received positive feedback, and a few almost featured. I think this ought to be based on the individual merit of the submitted poem/recording which might encourage greater participation of this very good resource you have, which is currently undersubscribed and in no way represents the full diversity of talent you are fortunate enough to have participating here.

Regards

Danté
Maybe a more sensible approach would be to have an Audio posting section for poems that have already had the once over, and if they are good enough put them on the i-pod, but still have an open section for posting audio poems as we would post normal poems?
Just a thought, (I'm not complaining or anything). :)

All the best
Phil :)
Specto Nusquam
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:58 pm

It would be good to get some more poems on the iPod. It hasn't been updated for a while. From my point of view it is quite time consuming and at the moment my available time is quite limited. What I've found in the past is that everyone records theirs at different sound levels and I have to spend time trying to alter them to fit in with the rest. If you can do good quality recordings of good quality poems I'll put them on !
Danté
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:22 pm

That seems reasonable, I have listened to all the posts already on the player and will make the volume of my own, at the average level of what's already there and choose material that respected members of the board have deemed to be worthy of posting in the usual forums.

Many thanks

Danté
to anticipate touching what is unseen seems far more interesting than seeing what the hand can not touch
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Just stumbled on this. I think there is a lot of good work everywhere people tend to post where they get a better view experienced or not.

There is some serious stuff in the beginners forum..........VERY serious! Worthy of publication without doubt. Larkin would be proud of it.

Good luck with this project.

DJL
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 am

I like your voice wow!

I have been posting in the young forum I didn't realise you guys are here.
Fantastic and I love you. will be doing stuff soon....promise.

It's great!

x
emuse
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 am

I've listened to a number of these and was especially moved to hear Barrie's recordings....

I love this ipod feature. I have two old poems that were featured and have finally found a way to record them with a free device. I'll get onto it just to be included in the lot. Thanks for putting this up. I'll return here over time to enjoy.
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Check out Kim's sexy voice - just uploaded the Lateness of Summer.
twoleftfeet
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
Location: Standing by a short pier, looking for a long run-up

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Well done, Kim!

Do you do requests? ("Language of Shade" and "Path to the Volcano", please)
Instead of just sitting on the fence - why not stand in the middle of the road?
Oskar
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:23 am

Scorchio! Great gosh almighty, Kim. What a beautiful voice.
"This is going to be a damn masterpiece, when I finish dis..." - Poeterry
juliadebeauvoir
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Awww, Oskar! You are making me blush...

Geoff, I will make sure I do both of those this week but today not so good. I have an awful head cold and sound like a mix of Lauren Bacall and Ernest Borgnine. LOL!

Cheers,
Kim
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
David

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Yes, this is lovely. More please.
juliadebeauvoir wrote:I have an awful head cold and sound like a mix of Lauren Bacall and Ernest Borgnine. LOL!
That sounds perfect. Quick, record Je t'aime ... moi non plus before your cold gets better.
Oskar
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Last edited by Oskar on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This is going to be a damn masterpiece, when I finish dis..." - Poeterry
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Kim, let me add my praise too!
I'm currently working on a long poem that I'd like to record using several different voices. Please PM me if you're interested.

B.
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:43 pm

And another one from KIm - The Language of Shade.