Buy your stuff through our Amazon link - please!

New to poetry? Unsure about the quality of your work? Then why not post here to receive some gentle feedback.
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:23 pm

If you are thinking of buying stuff from Amazon please you go through link at the bottom of every page of the forum. This means we get a small commission from every purchase - even from third party sellers.

Thanks in advance - it all helps to keep this site on the road.
Lovely
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Although we use (this site for free) and give of our hearts in the most sincere way possible my heart agrees with what you are saying, Nicola.
I will be shopping.

David L xx
nar
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster
antispam: no

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Is there any login or authentication required for us to get our commission?

Or - can I simply copy the url of the link and send it onto my chums?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/?&tag=poetsgrav ... AZPF0FAN6&

Cheers,

- Neil.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. (Bertrand Russell)
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Neil

There is no other login required so presumably just using the url should do the trick. As long as you enter the Amazon site via the link (or url) all sales will be attributed to PG.

Thanks for thinking of us..
onlyifonly
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:06 pm

I ordered a book following the link. But apart from the initial URL there was no reference to PG at all. Can you confirm this is showing on your account? Shame to buy books on Amazon rather than my normal book supplier only to find you get no credit.

S
Starting down road to knowledge leads to a view of reality that is bleaker than the warm comfort blanket of ignorance. A road we take with no route back. Where there was something, there is nothing.
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks for thinking of us!

There is no other reference to PG apart from the initial link. I can check what has been ordered but not who ordered it.

If you want to pm me with your order details I can confirm (or not) it has worked.
Jackie
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Nicola- Have you confirmed whether this works?

Jackie
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Jackie

It does work! We can track items which have been purchased (either through Amazon or 3rd party seller). There is nothing to identify the buyer and I don't think the buyer gets any confirmation that PG has benefited. (We can't buy through this link as we are the site owners and therefore excluded). We get a small stream of income from it - £4.94 since April ( we will never be web millionaires!).

Thanks for your interest..
Jackie
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Well, building up the income is a separate issue from getting the process to work. Congrats on doing that. I'll try it on my next purchase.

Jackie
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks Jackie. Our income for the same period last year was £30 so obviously people are using it less. I must get round to sorting out the adverts and links so they are a bit more prominent.

In fact, having just checked, the banner ads have disappeared - no wonder no-one is using them!
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:55 am

Banner links reinstated - I think they disappeared when I upgraded the site. Just as well you mentioned it Jackie - thanks.