When A Poet loses his life's treasures

How many poets does it take to change a light bulb?
lotus
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:27 am

Madhosh Balhami

“I was sitting in the lawn of my house writing some verses when three gunmen barged in.

The gun fight continued throughout night. With the first light next day all Balhami, his family members and neighbours could see were smouldering debris of what was until a few hours before a sweet home. The two-storey house had been built by Balhami’s father in 1967 and now all that had been left was few broken walls pockmarked with bullet holes and soot and piles of broken bricks and concrete, ashes of the window and door frames and scalded tin sheets. All the three gunmen were lying dead under the smouldering debris.
destroyed home of poet Madhosh Balhami
destroyed home of poet Madhosh Balhami
68c8ce8ac9b8e575187ad2d928ed882ef6d80ae2-tc-img-preview.jpg (126.82 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
Using charcoal, he had written on a ramshackle wall of what until a few days ago was his abode in Urdu
“Bahut lut chukay bharey ghar (Now too many flourishing homes have been plundered).”

But Balhami said, “My grief is not over my losing our home but my poetic work which has gone with it.”
He added, “Houses can be rebuilt. I’ve lost my life’s treasure. My grief is here to stay, and I'd appreciate it if people don’t ask me to get over it.”
Madhosh Balhami.jpeg
Madhosh Balhami.jpeg (35.66 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
full article
http://www.asianage.com/india/all-india ... -site.html

`
“A poem should have the touch ... the way sunlight falls on Braille.” .......silent lotus