"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:25 am

Woo-hoo, woo-hoo,
Happy Birthday to you!
from everyone at Coo & Co (^v^)

Members of Coo & Co rejoice to report that it is our dear friend John's birthday today; and a special birthday too!

We wish All Good Things to John on his special day, including snacks and drinks and musics (^v^)

🥳 🥂🍾 🥪🍟 🎂

jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:32 am

Now with dancing pineapple! :)

Why, thank you, Fliss and Coo, it is indeed my birthday and I am perhaps a junior senior myself, having just turned sixty today. I am looking forward to much snackage and drinkage and musicage! We are having an apero or aperitif this evening, and brunch at the Carnavalet museum, so it should be a good day. Rita is brushing her teeth as I speak!

Cheerie, and thanks again for the Birthday Wishes!
John
Macavity

Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:36 am

Have a great day John.

Bw

Phil
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:48 am

Thank you, Phil! We are just off to a corner cafe for a morning cup of coffee and maybe a croissant! :)

Cheers,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:54 am

Hooray, hooray,
have a wonderful day!
from everyone at Coo & Co (^v^)

And please convey our All Good Things to Rita and to Coo Two in spirit. We are certain that, somewhere in Texas, Coo Two is celebrating wildly! (^v^)

☕️🥟☕️🥟
Morpheus
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:13 am

jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:49 am

Thank you, Fliss and Coo and Morph!

Fliss and Coo, it is very kind of you to think of Coo Two! I believe that Coo Two is indeed celebrating, and that warms my heart. :)

Morph, thank you for Dr. Seuss and Christina Rossetti alike! That's not Dr. Seuss I knew, and it was quite entertaining!

We just went out to lunch and the chef gave us cookies and ice cream with a little candle for my birthday! People are nice.

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:34 pm

You are welcome, John!

We often think of dear Coo Two. Hooray for going out to lunch and being given cookies and ice cream with a little candle! Guinea pig Cookie is very impressed, naturally (^v^)

🍨🍪
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:01 pm

Ah yes, indeed so! I was of course given cookies, as opposed to Cookies. THat would have been very different! :)

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:45 pm

It would indeedy, John. Imagine, lots of little guineas being presented to you. We like to think they might manage a rendition of 'Happy Birthday', in their squeaky tones. In the meantime, here is another party track, featuring whistles. Woo-hoo! (^o^)

Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:03 pm

"John has gone to bed now," reports W.-B. "We are going to watch a little telly with Alek and then it will be time to head for the Nest of Dreams ourselves" (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:26 am

Greetings, Fliss and Coo,

That certainly is a party track! You know all kinds of music I don't know and this is an example. Thank you for sharing it! :)

Rita is up early today because of the jet lag, so I've been able to listen alreadsy! Here now is Got to Give It Up, by Marvin Gaye.

Cheerie,
John

Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Greetings, John,

Ooh yes, partay. Well, I was a regular raver until Arthur Ritis put a stop to it, in 2004. You're welcome for The Good Men (^v^)

We hope the jet lag fades soon and thank-coos for Marv. Coo and I have an afternoon of finalising docs ahead, but we'll make it more interesting by listening to the radio, I expect. We're still enjoying Stand Up for the Classics and have reached the final series: Pompeii, Spartan Women, Lucretius, Homer: The Odyssey (^v^)

Cheerie,
Fliss & Coo (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:26 pm

Greetings, FLiss and Coo!

I regret not having seen your party days! Mine have ended too, though age alone is really the culprit in my case. For instance, today I slept intermittently till 2 in the afternoon! I seem to have been wiped out by travel or something. My niece is dropping by today ,that will be nice. Your radio series sounds splendid!

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:18 pm

Greetings, John!

Coo takes John aside for a quiet word...

(*v*) -- I too was not present during the party days aforesaid, but I have gathered sufficient informations such that I cannot regret this.

Thank you, Coo. Anyway, hooray for sleep. I woke at 5am and thought I'd just do a few leg-lifts before the morning shift, only to sleep until 6:45, very unusually. Travel can be exhausting, indeedy. I had an unsupervised shower yesterday and that might have caused the extra tiredness, possibly ( v )

We hope you have a pleasant visit from your nice niece; and yes, a splendid radio series. I particularly enjoyed revisiting Lucretius, having studied him during the final year of the degree (^v^)

Cheerie,
Fliss & Coo (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:28 am

Greetings, Fliss and Coo!

Ah (serious voice). I see. Coo, let us be content then that the party days have ended. Nothing in excess, say the Greeks, and they do have a point.
I’ve slept for much of the past 36 hours. I don’t feel ill, I just feel very tired. It can’t be carbon monoxide, I think, since I’ve slept everywhere in the house! If it continues today (it’s 4:30 a.m.), I shall be a bit alarmed. As you say, the shower might have worn you out a bit.
It was good to see our nice niece! She is doing well. She just wrote an article on birchbark books. She works in conservation. I am glad you enjoyed Lucretius, he always seemed like a good sort.

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:17 pm

Greetings, John!

(*v*) -- Let us be content indeedy, while consoling ourselves that the excess in this case existed primarily in creating chaotic choreography to a range of club choons.

Again, thanks to Coo. We're interested in all this sleeping, John. We certainly hope there isn't a sinister reason. I'm tired tonight, but that's to be expected given the hosp trip and also some exercising in The Winchcombe Garden (^v^)

Hooray for the nice niece; we're glad she's doing well. The article sounds intriguing; Brother Graham has done a few things for the British Trust of Conservation Volunteers. Not much in the way of radio today, but there'll be more tomorrow, while finalising docs again (^v^)

Cheerie,
Fliss & Coo (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:07 pm

I see, the old Club Choon Chaotic Choreography dilemma! I could speak to that mysel'.

I was doing an inordinate amount of sleeping! But today has passed largely without incident, we have simply been hard at work on visa business since this morning, it now being 5:04 p.m., or teatime.

Hosp and TW Garden sound quite tirey-outing and I sympathize. :)

I imagine The Nice Niece (actually, i have several and they're all nice IMO) and Brother Graham could have an interesting conservation chat! This niece works on all sorts of paper, including birchbark now.

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:57 am

Woo-hoo! The CCCC! (^v^)

Coo does a dubious dance on her perch, by way of homage. We're glad today, now yesterday, passed without incident for the most part, and we wish you well with the visa business. Today we're finalising docs as anticipated, cue plenty of listening to the radio (^v^)

Thank-coos for the sympathies. To our surprise, we woke at 5:30 this morning; Tess arrived earlier than usual as she has to take her dad to the hospital, follow-up for his knee replacement op. Hooray for nice nieces! Bro G is interested in conservation and we wonder whether he might like a job in this area (^v^)

Cheerie,
F & (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:05 am

A Dubious Dance! My goodness! Let us hope Coo remains firmly on her perch in the process!

Best of luck with docs and Tess, and well done on the early rising, the better to meet Tess with, as they say. Perhaps Brother Graham would indeed like to work in the conservation field!

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Hooray for dubious dances! Fortunately Coo remained on her perch this time. I'm pretty sure she was trying to attract the attention of a rather handsome wood pigeon just outside the window (^o^)

Thank-coos for the luck and well done. Ooh yes, the conservation field, very pleasant. Bro. G. once featured in a newsletter photo, assembling a dry stone wall (^v^)

Cheerie,
F & (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:43 pm

Dry stone walls are almost as old as hedges. I suspect they should be in more poems.

Ah, those wood pigeons! They are terrible flirts. We had a pair of nesting pigeons on the roof across from us in Paris. :)

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Ooh yes, John, poems about dry stone walls. What fun! We shall make enquiries of Bro. G. (^v^)

Coo's pigeon pal is singing again this evening, in his surprisingly deep voice. We're glad you had a pleasant view of pigeons in Paris.

(^v^) -- A room with a coo!

Cheerie,
F & (^v^)
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:16 pm

A room with a coo, ho ho ho!

Cheerie,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster