Bold Bold Sir Robin

"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:56 pm

In honor of Putin fleeing Moscow because he doesn't want to be strung up like Mussolini when Wagner arrive, here's Monty Python:

Morpheus
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:17 pm

I don't know why the Wagner group don't just send Putin a cadeau. It worked on the French and for the ancient Greeks.

jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:33 pm

Of course, Putin may have already got one. :)

I find the contrast between his behavior and that of Zelenskyy instructive. And pretty funny.

Cheers,
John
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Wagner are over halfway to Moscow (Voronezh), with no apparent ground resistance of any kind thus far. This suggests that RUssian security forces, for whatever reason, are not interested in fighting Wagner. Of course, most of the regular army is either dead or in Ukraine.

Personally, I feel for Russia's street sweepers, who are going to have a lot of cleaning up to do as all over Russia, ordinary Putin fans' heads begin to explode. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.

Cheers,
John
Morpheus
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Quite right. And maybe Putin's been bitten by a mosquito already.

jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:54 pm

I like the Greek subtitles!

If the Russian security forces are indeed not fighting, Prigozhin may well take Moscow in the next couple of days. I'm not sure what he does after that though. Maybe Putin will accidentally fall out of a window.

Oh - Erdogan trotted out to say Putin has his full support. Which is an unusual comment, for a NATO member.

Cheers,
John
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:41 pm

(^v^)

Members of Coo & Co have been following the news today. The Wagner group is now in retreat, to avoid an escalation of the bloodshed, we read on the Beeb.
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:33 am

Yup, it's too bad, it means Putin can return from his little hidey-hole and resume slaughtering people. But there we go. I must assume his aura took a dent. And maybe Ukraine can seize the moment on their Eastern front.

As for Prigozhin, he's off to Belarus. He should stay away from windows from now on.

Cheerie,
John
Macavity

Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:11 am

Well Putin is still in power John. Ukraine has less backing, there is another war to absorb the newsdesk.
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:17 am

Very true. And Prigozhin didn't stay away from the windows.

OTOH, Giuliani just got hit with a $148 million verdict in his defamation case. That putz. He continued to lie about the election workers in the week of the verdict and I think the jury of his peers objected to that. The American court system continues to try its best, mostly.

Oh - Victor Orban is charmingly blocking EU aid to Ukraine now. What a pleasant and honest man. That's why he is beloved of Hungarians.

And also - UK intel reports that 90% of Russia's pre-war army is gone. Putin has just little baby qualms about throwing his citizens into the meat grinder.

Cheers,
John
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:09 am

Very much so! As they conclude, "If the US, “the city upon a hill”, ceases to fight for it, democracy will surely wither and die."

I am increasingly thinking Trump is likely to win next year, even if convicted. If he's convicted and imrpisoned, he will leave prison to assume office and the payback will begin.

Cheers,
John