Banning

"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:13 pm

No doubt you'll have noticed the latest incident between Caleb and I.

It's regrettable of course and quite obviously we are at odds. Let me put things in perspective, then draw a line under this acrimonious relationship, once and for all!

Firstly - Previous. Caleb has been an antagonistic presence since the day he arrived here. To illustrate/prove this, I've delved into the banning archives:

CalebMurdock

Reason for ban:
Inability to get on with other humans.

CalebMurdock1

Reason for ban:
We've been here before. You haven't improved.

Now I felt the previous Mods were on occasion over-zealous with the banning and (believe it or not) I actually fought Caleb's corner on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately now i've been on the receiving end of his rude and childish outbursts, I kind of see where they were coming from. It's unacceptable behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated. So it wasn't. To wield and satisfy my despotic powers, I recently banned Caleb again, for 24 hours.

Caleb can't take criticism or being challenged on any level. That's a fact. I personally have had enough of it. If he continues to use personal insults, next time he will be banned for 7 days and finally, permanently.

I do understand Caleb has become an integral part of this community and for whatever reason some of you are fond of him. I don't want to compromise that and I really don't want to ban him. So I suggest if he reads this, he takes it on board, goes about the business of posting poems and stops being a complete pain (although I fear that's not going to happen.) We'll all be happy.

There is no reason for anyone to comment on this thread, least of all Caleb, I really don't want another reason to ban him. So it's locked.

Cheers
Kris
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk