"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
JJWilliamson
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:13 am

I've tried to somethingload an avatar but my image is 13 GiB instead of the required 6 or under. Any ideas how to compress/reduce the existing image. I've already got the pixels down to 80/45.

Knackered

JJ
Long time a child and still a child
Ros
antispam: no

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Dunno, if you've already tried editing it in some sort of picture editor. Perhaps something like http://compressjpeg.com/ ?

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Ros wrote:Dunno, if you've already tried editing it in some sort of picture editor. Perhaps something like http://compressjpeg.com/ ?

Ros
Thanks, Ros, for getting back to me. I've managed to cobble something together. :)

Best

JJ
Long time a child and still a child
rsneha

Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:37 am

I suggest this jpeg compress to compress/reduce avatar size.
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:45 am

JJWilliamson wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:13 am
I've tried to somethingload an avatar but my image is 13 GiB instead of the required 6 or under. Any ideas how to compress/reduce the existing image. I've already got the pixels down to 80/45.
JJ, I can't imagine that any image so small could have such a large file size. You must be doing something wrong.

Pull the image into your photo-editing program, reduce its size to fit in the space available for an avatar on this forum (80 x 80 pixels) and then save it as a JPG, PNG, Gif or BMP. (I assume the forum will accept all those formats, but I might be wrong.) There is no way that the resulting image could be so huge that it can't be uploaded into your profile.
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.