nosie music

"There's more to life than books you know, but not much more."
clemonz
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:35 am

i've been making / heavily listening to noise for i dunno like 6 years?

not that it really has much to do with poetry (6 months) but i wrote like something to be included in my latest 'DIY' noise CD haha. it's kinda just in lieu of posting it on a noise bulletin board, not serious - of course, though noise is known for its slightly excitable :D manifesto writing loons. more so than rocknroll anyway :lol:

if anyone reads it and wants to call me an idiot or even explain why - that'd be neat!

Social Drift will now sketch a programme for noise based on a mis/reading of rhizomatics: in which segments ("school says you're not at home anymore") are destratifications, deterritorializations, but now that there is no “going back” for the working class, we must code segmentally if complete destratification is to appear.

Poetry

1. To do the latter I hope to develop a poetic style (how the poet creates form) that tries to say less and less until nothing is said at all, a formless style. We must find fluency with a language that is suitable for the expression of that dumb moment in which language fails and the past has not changed; perhaps one way to achieve this would be for the two components of the breath (sense and sound) to work in different directions.

2. Social Drift thinks that if perfected, the resulting place of consistency could free noise – unformed poetics – from the tyranny of culture.

3. The resulting sound would be like a noise variant of personalism (a debunking of rhythm), that itself is perfected when its relation to the listener is freed from alienation (which cannot be expected while capitalist culture still exists).

If O'Hara's poetry of personalism (however successful it is) is the only genuine kind of response to the huge successes of high modernism, then perhaps the poetry of SONG STATIC would (given its poetic success, a strong enough relation to noise, and the freedom of Communism) also generates a new future for poetry.

Noise music

Until then Social Drift will begin to work under the maxim of “style is death” (Olson) – STATIC SONGS based not on breath, but vision, in the hope of helping to strengthen the opposition between noise music, and poetry.

Freedom

Once the ruin of the bourgeois has been turned on its head and cultural alienation is abolished, static poetry might have supplied us with the future of noise. Social Drift has thereby begun a great adventure, of responding to the spiritual wasteland.
"It is not necessary that a poem should rely on its music, but if it does rely on its music that music must be such as will delight the expert."