An introduction ...

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
Ven

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:54 pm

Hello everyone, I couldn't find a forum specifically for saying hello so I figured here would be as good a place as any. Please feel free to move this post if it's not appropriate.

My real name is Lorraine, I'm 41, a wife, mother of two young adults and nana (Grandmother) to a brand new week old baby girl.
Whoo hoo ! :mrgreen:

I current live in a South Wales valleys town where I own and run my own tailoring business.

I write mainly poetry, though occasionally my muse throws in a short story or two. I abide by no specific form and write in whatever style takes my fancy on the day in question ranging from free verse to highly structured rhythm/rhyme classical pieces. From monostichs to epics.
Some of it is good ( even if I do say so myself :lol: ) some of it is mediocre and some of it is plain awful ... I shall try very hard to spare you the latter but if one slips in please feel free to tell me :oops: :mrgreen:

I am a moderator on a large U.S. forum that I really like and where I have been a member since 1998.
The reason I have registered for this forum is because to be quite honest I often miss our good home grown sarcasm and irony ... well that and the fact that my spelling has started to suffer. So please, if I ever write "color" ... somebody shoot me ! :mrgreen:

Well that's about it I think, except to say I'm looking forward to reading reading writing and interacting with you all.

Warmest regards, Ven.
Guide me if you see me stumble, scold me if you hear me boast but love me when I least deserve it, for this is when I need it most.
that girl
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:54 pm

Hello there Ven.

I'm very glad you have decided to join this forum. I look forward to reading more of your work and seeing what you think of my own.

Cameron-

Perhaps a new topic? A "getting to know" place for posts such as these? I can't see the harm in it.

just an idea...
.tg.
Bombadil
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:01 pm

Ven,

Welcome indeed. I love the stuff I've seen so far from you. Wonderful to have another Welshie in the forum. Ah, yes we Americans do take the "u" out of nearly everything...

Let me say then with no offense meant, "Happiness is a warm gun...bang bang, shoot shoot."

I really look forward to seeing more of your work.

--Keith

P.S.: Congrats on becoming a Nana! What's the name, how much did he/she weigh; etc.?
Ven

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:39 am

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I have read quite a lot of what's posted here now and I really like what I see. You are a very talented group and I look forward to interacting and hopefully learning a little too.

P.S. My grandaughter name is Lori she was 6lb 9oz born and is now a fortnight old and though I realize I must be bias to a certain degree I think she is absolutely stunningly gorgeous and I'm the proudest Nana the universe. :mrgreen:

~
Guide me if you see me stumble, scold me if you hear me boast but love me when I least deserve it, for this is when I need it most.