Saying Hello

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
Mharr2000

Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm

Ok where to start first I,m new to poetry....
i used to to paint but due to too many customers taking advantage of a good nature
i found it harder to get into my painting as it used to pay for all my materials (even the odd take away lol) so stopped in the end. not did anything creative for a year or two.

but last year lost my best buddy (my dog) and stories came into my mind rolling around and would not go away. so this year a freind at work said write them down so i did it felt good to be creative. as i did struggle with the imagery, the same freind at work showed me some poems W B keats, Wordsworth and more modern laura vilareal etc, since then i have been reading it trying to learn to how to interpret and have tried writing it as freind suggested seems im getting a bit hooked. so i am writing to help me understand poetry, and reading to learn to write it .

came across this site by accident and thought hey hello.
Macavity

Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:49 am

Welcome to PAT Mike. I see John has already given some helpful feedback for your writing. There are many aesthetics for poetry, as in all creative mediums, and hopefully you will find a place here to explore your approach to writing.

All the best

Phil
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:49 am

What Phil said! And I am very sorry about your dog. I teach literature, so do forgive my going on a bit in my comments, I get launched!

Cheers,
John
Macavity

Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:37 am

Keep launching John! I found your response most helpful.
Leaf
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:16 pm

Welcome, Mike. And hooray for John! I'm glad you've already had some feedback from him. As well as being very knowledgeable, John is one of the kindest people I've met online. And Phil, whom we call MacPhil, is very cool also! I'm not here much at the moment, but I just thought I'd say hello 👋👩‍🦰

Best wishes,
Fliss & (^v^) <-- representation of Word-Bird, writing mascot
Mharr2000

Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:45 pm

Thank you for your replies glad to be hear.

And John i don’t mind if you post long posts and your feedback anyones feedback is welcome how else do we learn. 😀🖖
jisbell00
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am

:)
camus
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:04 pm

Welcome Mike. Pleasure to have you here. You'll learn a lot, there's some fine critters here, and the more you learn the more addicted you'll become. That's been my experience anyway.

Look forward to your progression...

Cheers
Kris
http://www.closetpoet.co.uk
CalebPerry
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:26 am

Welcome, Mike!
Signature info:
If you don't like the black theme, it is easy to switch to a lighter color. Just ask me how.
If I don't critique your poem, it is probably because I don't understand it.