Introduction.

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
Wazza

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 am

Just saying Hi to all on the forum. Have only read a few posts so far. Is all of the poetry submitted to this forum unrhymed :?: Not really my strength but I guess I can give it a try. Also, does everyone start in the beginner's post section?
Cheers,
Wazza
Ros
antispam: no

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:49 am

Hi Wazza, welcome to PG. We've nothing against rhyming poems as such - just that it's difficult to do well, such that the rhymes seem natural rather than dictating the way the poem goes. And personally, I think if the poem rhymes it also works best to use a pretty formal meter, which again not everyone likes. Yes, I guess most people start in beginners unless they've been writing for years and have a strong grasp of the basics, but we're pretty relaxed about it.

ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:09 am

Welcome Wazza. An alliterative welcome for ya.

I've been kicking around for years. No finer a place for balance of fine crit and laid back finesse.

Cheers
TS
Suzanne
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Wazza,

I am all for rhyming fun. I have a hard time, personally, taking it too seriously on serious themes but! I 'd love you to prove me ignorant and post good serious rhyming stuff.

See you out there,
Suzanne
David

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello and welcome, Wazza. This is a bit late - we've met already, out there in the forums (fora?) - but I thought I should say that anyway.

Cheers

David