Just hello

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
byneothr
Productive Poster
Productive Poster

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello. I started to write a critique just now and got all tangled up in how I critique. A great thought occurred, why not just introduce yourself and explain yourself in the intro. So, here I am.

First thing to know is that I have problems spelling. If you find some words misspelled in the critiques, just take a guess at it. I'll be more careful with the poems I submit, but the critiques are 'on the fly', so to speak. Onward...

Second, more than likely I'll really enjoy the poems I'm critiquing.

Third, I have no formal training in poetry or the like. My critiques are based on my opinion only. I will be critiquing on how I feel, not what I know. I hope the critiques will be helpful.

Lastly, I hope everyone feels free to critique my stuff. I know to get better I need guidance. I will not agree with everything said, but I'll listen and try to improve.

Thanks for listening.
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:56 am

Greeting Byneothr! :D I see you have already been making helpful comments. Super. Nice to meet you. Welcome to PG.

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
David

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Yes, very sociable start, byneothr. (I can't possibly type that every time. Henceforth you may be known as b.) That all sounds very promising.
byneothr wrote:Third, I have no formal training in poetry or the like. My critiques are based on my opinion only. I will be critiquing on how I feel, not what I know. I hope the critiques will be helpful.
That goes for all of us, I think. Certainly in so far as the formal training is concerned. (Apart from Ros. Watch out for her.) But the more you read the more you - sort of - know. So you probably know more than you realise.

Anyway - big welcome.

David