Give it a try

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
dafra

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi

I've come from another forum so prolific, it hurt and I was attracted here by the words, 'this is not a love-in'.
The poems here don't come thick and fast and I hope that it will be quality counts. I really am having it hard to find some poetry I can identify with so far. Much seems quite obscure to me. I need to enjoy my poetry by understanding it first and I don't want to work too hard : I'm getting old. I'll have a look at some archival pieces and maybe post a few comments before I get into gear and write. I do have a bit of a writer's block because of so many other things to do. I'm sure I'll have more time after I paint the house, get the wedding over etc etc. I think you will probably find my stuff too obvious and simple. Will it be okay to reprint stuff here from other sites to fill in?

dafra

Oh by the way I found out why some of my posts have vanished. It seems that anything composed on my mobile doesn't get through so it is PC from now on.
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Greetings, Dafra! Welcome to PG.
Will it be okay to reprint stuff here from other sites...
Yes, it is fine to workshop poems that you have workshopped before if you want to. :D Was is Auden who said that a finished poem belongs in the bin?

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
dafra

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks Seth.

The reason I would repost here would be to get proper comments. The other forum generally offered little constructive criticism. Just 'l like it', that sort of thing. I probably won't alter anything, just good to get another's opinion. Right, as I say I'm rather unproductive just now but I'll go and check my crit count and maybe post something..

dafra
David

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Yes, welcome, dafra. (I've just said that in your other thread as well.)

Things are a bit slow at the moment here. It's the summer, after all. We'll all be spending a lot more time indoors before too long.

Why does dafra sound Welsh to me?
dafra

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 pm

No David not Welsh nor department of food and rural affairs, just a sort of portmanteau I always use on the internet.
k-j
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 am

dafra wrote:department of food and rural affairs
That was what I immediately thought!

Welcome dafra!
fine words butter no parsnips
Jackie
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Dafra,

I've been inactive lately but belatedly, welcome, and thanks for your feedback.

I'm wondering about your comment
I probably won't alter anything
, because I never finish a poem, myself. Wish I could.

Jackie