Musician/composer looking for lyrics

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
hallamlondon

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:30 am

Hi everybody,

my name is Hallam London. I’m a German musician and composer/songwriter. A while ago I gave up on writing lyrics myself as I had never been really good at it.

So now I’m looking for collaborators!

To give you a hint what sort of lyrics I like, I can only mention one name: Arctic Monkeys’ ALEX TURNER! His lyrics to me are genius! Let me try to describe why that is:
• rhythm, rhythm, rhythm (very much like rap, I guess)
• stunning images and ideas (e.g. ‘when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydream’ or ‘I probably still adore you … or I did last time I checked’)
• but still it seems like (beautiful) everyday speech to me (I’m not a native speaker, though)

Of course there’s no need for another Alex Turner. But this reference helped me describe what’s important to me.
Is there anybody out there? I’d love to hear from you!

O, and of course: you can listen to my latest work on my website:
http://hallamlondon.com/music

Thanks a lot for reading all this!

Cheers,
Hallam.
Moth
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:28 am

Hey, hope you're still around. Oddly enough I'm in the reverse position - and really I don't know if what I've written would fit the bill but I've just (as it happens) been working on a set of song lyrics (9 songs in total, varying styles but on a particular theme) so if you're interested let me know. I'll check out your link too.

Cheers,

Moth
to be totally honest... whenever you feel you really shouldn't write that, that's exactly what you should write.
bodkin
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no
Location: Two inches behind my eyes just above the bridge of my nose.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 am

I think he must be gone.

This is a great pity, I never saw this at the time but I would certainly have started a conversation if I had.

There's an email address on his web-site. I'll drop him a note and see if he'll come back for another attempt at making a connection.

Ian
http://www.ianbadcoe.uk/
hallamlondon

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Moth, hi Ian,

thank you so much for your replies! And sorry for the time it took me to answer. So: I am still here and I am still interested in collaborations. I’ll be sending you a PM to get in touch.

Cheers,
Hallam.
Moth
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks Ian. Hallam, I sent a message which all being well you should have received. Sorry I completely forgot to provide my details, real name email etc, but shall do so if you still wish to proceed.
to be totally honest... whenever you feel you really shouldn't write that, that's exactly what you should write.