hello : )

If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, this is the place.
angie

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:13 am

My name is Angie. I'm an American, living in the state of Michigan, on Lake St. Clair, but only for the last two years. I'm actually a Hoosier by birth, which means I am from Indiana. Poet's Grave was recommended to me by a friend from another site. I'll probably take my time getting my feet wet here...

I've been writing for 4 - 5 years, with an 18 month "block" after the death of my father. I'm slowly starting to write again and happy for it.

I'd like to have someplace to workshop some things, as my writing workshop has ended for the summer. I've made it a goal to start submitting, and so I would like to know if I'm able to delete something after working on it here?

Looking forward to reading. Peace, y'all. (Sorry - just said that to be more American...although, I do say it now & again.)
Antcliff
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 am

Hi
Welcome to PG.
Don't worry, there are quite a few yankee doodle dandies here. I lived there for many years.
Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur
Ros
antispam: no

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 am

Hi angie,

Instead of deleting poems, you can ask for them to be moved to Finishing Touch, which is our private forum for pieces heading for submission. Only members can view it, so editors won't know about it. We prefer not to delete posts, as generally various people have put time and effort into commenting. It seems to work fine.

Or, if you feel something's nearly finished, you can post directly to Finishing Touch. It's not designed for work that needs heavily workshopping, though.

Welcome to PG!

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi angie. Welcome.

David
angie

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 am

thanks all for the warm welcome. :)
brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster
antispam: no

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:16 am

Hello and welcome.

B.
Vincent Turner
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Angie from the now defunct LM? and PH

( for those not in the know LM- Literary Mary and PH- Poemhunter

If so, good to see you here,

if not, its still good to have you here.

Best Regards

Vincent
angie

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am

Hi Vincent - Yes - it is angie from PH & LM. I'm visiting my children this week - but hope to do some poking around the site next week. :) Good to hear from you & thanks for the welcome.