Suitable Signature for Forum?

Get help with technical problems and keep up to date with any changes to the forum.
J Wheel

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I thought that I would like to spent more time on the forum, reading the latest posts, and perhaps, from time to time, offering some of my own humble scribblings. One of the things that I really like about the forum are the signature lines at the end of some posts. How do you do that? I suppose they have to be entered each time otherwise you would not be able to change them.

Some of these signatures can be very incisive and thoughtful. Is it all right to use someone else's words, or is there copyright to consider? I am not certain how I would feel if someone else used my words. Should I be flattered or annoyed?

Anyway, I recently came across this piece that seems to sum up what good poetry is about;
  • “Good poetry is a ladder upon which out thoughts can unhindered ascend to atmospheres uplifting, inspiring, regenerating far very far removed, from the ordinary often monotonous frequently demanding routine of daily experience.”
Would this be suitable, or are there too many words? And should I give the credit to the author? Thank you.
Elphin
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Nicola

I moved this one over here - maybe you can answer

Thx

elph
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Just go to your user control panel, click the profile tab and then 'edit signature' (on left hand side). You can write up to 200 words and I don't think you need to worry about copyright. If you offend someone I'm sure they'll soon let you know.