Attachment Size

Get help with technical problems and keep up to date with any changes to the forum.
beautifulloser
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:09 am

Hey Guys

I appreciate hard drive space costs money! Is there any flexibility to increase the upload size on the lyrics forum to say 4MB? (or something).

I personally be happy contributing funds to allow this to happen.

If koz is about - Koz, how do you get your MP3s so small? I know usually there you have a guitar and vocal but still 1mb seems quite remarkable. I use opensource audacity (produced by one of the google founders, which is excellent but it does tend to produce larger file sizes).

Also guys, completely appreciate that we can use music hosting sites, but I just thought I'd throw that into the pan to see what your views are, like I say, happily will send you guys a cheque if there were half a dozen or so prepared to contribute then possibly do able, not sure.

Thanks - meantime, I need to get myself some fresh music hosting! (I'd completely understand if you couldn't be arsed with it all, it is a lyrics/poetry forum afterall and there are other avenues obviously to host music via other sites and post a link, this was my first time using this new function and it wouldn't let me (because of the file size) which is the only reason I brought it up)

BL
x
I'm sick of it, sick of it all. I know I'm right and I don't give a shit!
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:43 am

Hi bl

We have recently 'upped' our bandwidth and disc space so we can accommodate larger files. That said, 4mb is perhaps too large? Koz is the expert but when I convert the audio poetry files I use a Creative programme and reduce the bitrate until the file is reasonable size.

What file size do people think is reasonable??? We might as well use the upload function as well as possible.
beautifulloser
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Nicola

Fair point (and great!, we all love stuff for nothing!).

Whats this creative programme called Nic, is it just "Creative"?.

To answer your question, I layer my stuff so it's cramming more bytes in there than most. The one I am trying to upload is 2.6MB, how does 3MB sound as a limit, or am I still pushing my luck? :-)

Cheers

BL
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Creative MediaSource and Audio Convertor is the prog. It came with a mp3 player if I remember rightly. It's handy to convert files and reduce/increase size etc

I've increased the limit to 3mb so have a go and see what happens. (It's quite encouraging to know that when I set a limit it actually works.)
beautifulloser
Preponderant Poster
Preponderant Poster

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Worked a treat Nic!

Ta Muchly. Have to say PHPBB is excellent, all seems to work hunky dory.

Thanks again

BL
x