Amazon UK via the USA

Get help with technical problems and keep up to date with any changes to the forum.
Wilcken
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:50 pm

I had a little time this morning to look through the Discussion forum: "Ezines, Magazines and Publications" and check out the recent accomplishments of PG folk.

I like to support support these publications and poets, so I often go and figure how how to purchase them. In this case, when I saw Nash's recent selection by The Delinquent was available by Kindle, all of a sudden I realized I could also support PG by purchasing Kindle stuff (or even downloads of music) via the Amazon link at the bottom of the website page.

As it turned out, no go. I was directed to use the american Amazon (where I can also buy copies of The Delinquent, but of course no benefit to PG).

So at any rate, I was just curious if anyone here has had any experience with a Yank like myself successfully making purchases from Amazon.uk? Is there a way around this? If not, is there another way I can throw a little in the PG pot to support the site?

Wilcken
k-j
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm in the U.S. and when I click on the PG Amazon link I'm taken to amazon.co.uk, and can click through to purchase the Delinquent on kindle (or would be able to if I had a kindle).

Try right clicking on the link and opening in a new tab or window? Otherwise I dunno.
fine words butter no parsnips
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks for you efforts to raise money for PG!

We used to have an Amazon.com account but as we earned nothing from it in over 2 years we decided to take it down. I'm afraid that you do have to purchase from Amazon UK for us to benefit.